cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Reliability of expression builder

Hello,

I work with Flow/Power Automate for several months but still fighting with the expression builder. In all the instruction videos it works well, I face the following issues (tried Chrome, Edge on Mac, restarting machine, browser, everything):

- "intellisense" sometimes works, sometimes not

- starting in Expression builder, selecting a function, switching to Dynamic content to add into a function. Previously selected function disappears from the builder. Getting back to Expression, putting the function again, switching to Dynamic content, missing again. Reloading the whole page, starts to work, sometimes

- building an expression, saving. Coming later to update it. Update, save. Changes are not saved.

This behaviour is totally unpredictable, sometimes it works, sometimes not and it drives me crazy. Task for 15 minutes takes often an hour just because the builder behaves absolutely unreliable.

Can you please help? Does it happen to you? Do I have some exotic configuration?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Reliability of expression builder

Hi @milos ,

I could reproduce the same situation on my side. Flow expression 'Auto suggestion' is not working in old interface currently.

As an alternative workaround, please try to enable Experimental Features and experience new interface:

156.PNG

Then you could click the following icon to edit expression easily and configure the action.

Image reference:

157.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @milos ,

I could reproduce the same situation on my side. Flow expression 'Auto suggestion' is not working in old interface currently.

As an alternative workaround, please try to enable Experimental Features and experience new interface:

156.PNG

Then you could click the following icon to edit expression easily and configure the action.

Image reference:

157.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry,

this works well, thanks!

milos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,966)