cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Reminder Flow based on Site Pages

I'm looking to see if this is possible.  We have a modern SharePoint site with many pages.  I'm looking to create a flow that sends a reminder email to this person to update their page in 3 months, 6 months.  Ideally, I would like to use the name field underneath the title as the person who would get the communication. 

I couldn't find a way to use site pages as a trigger in flow.  

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

SharePoint site pages aren't available as triggers. If this is functionality you would like to see added to Flow or a Flow Template, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

You do have some options, however:

• You can Run Your Flows on a schedule, so you could just send the site owners a reminder ever 30, 60, 90 days, etc.
  • A SharePoint site's .aspx files are stored in each SharePoint site's SitePages folder, so you can use When a file is created or modified as a trigger, and just point it to the SitePages folder

The SitePages folder won't show up in the Library Name chooser, so you'll need to put in the GUID of the SitePages folder for your site:

SitePage guid

This blog post by Joanne Klein, Using Microsoft Flow to Know When a Modern Page is Published for how to get the GUID and use the When a file is created or modified trigger. You could use this same method for any of the Get file triggers or actions. 

For the design of your Flow, I'd suggest running the flow on a schedule (like ones per day), then use Get files and then a condition to check to see of the Modified date is greater than 90 days. If so, send an email to Created by. If not, do nothing.

The Flow could look like this:SendReminderUpdatePage.PNG

The time-based expression would look like:

subtractFromTime(utcNow(),90,'Day')

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (91,367)