cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benste

Reminder email triggered x hours after email arrived to helpdesk

Hi all

I could use some help with an automatization topic.

I should create an automated reminder email for helpdesk staff. This reminder should be triggered if an incoming email (sent to the general helpdesk mailbox) was not answered within 8 hours (outgoing email would be sent from the general helpdesk mailbox as well so I would need to check there if an email with the same title was sent out).

So, if an email that came in was not answered within 8 hours, this email should be forwarded from the general helpdesk mailbox to the individual email-address of helpdesk staff as a 1st reminder (helpdesk staff would then still send the answer to the customer from the general helpdesk mailbox).

A 2nd reminder should be sent to the head of the helpdesk 20 hours after the email arrived in the general helpdesk mailbox if no reply to the customer’s mail was sent from the general helpdesk mailbox.

Did any of you ever have this problem and managed to solve it?

Any advice or help is much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
jdoss
Resolver II
Resolver II

Set up a sharepoint list and input whatever information you will need from it to send the reminder (who it goes to, the link to the request, and the time it was put in, an option to see if it was responded to, plus anything else you'll need). Then set a scheduled flow to run every hour and see if there are any unresponded emails that have been over 8 hours, if no do nothing, then check if it has been over 20 hours, if yes, send 20 hour message, if no send 8 hour message. You'll need some way to track once they have been answered then you can remove them from the list, or mark them.

benste

Hi jdoss

Thanks for your reply. If I understand it correctly it would mean that all the incoming messages first must be registered manually in a sharepoint list. I was hoping for an automatic solution that decreases manual tasks.

VictorIvanidze
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @benste,

it can be done. The main problem I see is how to detect if a message is replied or not.  It looks like you have to use MS GRAPH request to analyze a MAPI property of a message.

Freelance Power Automate developer. $50 per hour.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,692)