Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Reminder emails not going out after a delay of day

Hi,

In one of the flows, I have parallel loop added to remind attorney to approve a pending request if they dont approve it, the delay is set to 1 day. 

So when a request is sent to attorney , if they dont approve for a day then they get a reminder email fine but then after that even though they dont approve the request, on the second day, reminders are not going out again. My thinking was to have reminders going out with a delay of 1 day till they approve so below is what I configured. 

ParallelLoop.PNGwithindountil.PNGsettingattonrneyapp.PNG

Attorneyapproval is a string variable with default value set to 'Pending'.

Can someone please help me correct this, I just want to make sure that attorneys get reminder email with an interval of a day till they approve it.

THanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Reminder emails not going out after a delay of day

Hi @dmistry,

@DeepakS is correct, the reason for the reminder email only send once is the Do until limit setting

You should reset the limit in the Do until action to make the Timeout longer, the Count it max run times and the Timeout is the max length of the run time of the Do Until action, if you want it could send reminder emails 30 times, the Count could set 30, and the TimeOut could set P31DT, represents a duration of 31 days. And more information about ISO 8631 duration format, you could refer to this document:

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001437-13/reference/r_iso_8601_duration_form...

Annotation 2020-03-11 150125.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dmistry 

Your PA is correct , the issue is with Do Until loop timeout limit, by default its PT1H (that is one hour) , so in your case you need to change this to 30 days - PT720H

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmistry,

@DeepakS is correct, the reason for the reminder email only send once is the Do until limit setting

You should reset the limit in the Do until action to make the Timeout longer, the Count it max run times and the Timeout is the max length of the run time of the Do Until action, if you want it could send reminder emails 30 times, the Count could set 30, and the TimeOut could set P31DT, represents a duration of 31 days. And more information about ISO 8631 duration format, you could refer to this document:

https://www.digi.com/resources/documentation/digidocs/90001437-13/reference/r_iso_8601_duration_form...

Annotation 2020-03-11 150125.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

thank you @v-litu-msft @DeepakS  for your inputs, I was not aware about this config, very helpful to know, thanks for sharing!!

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@DeepakS , I am seeing below, any thoughts why this is occurring?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dmistry 

Have you tried PT720H?

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

thanks @DeepakS I am not sure what is the difference between the two, can you please advice? I am seeing it failing and I just want to make sure it works if I apply the revised expression you mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,297)