Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Semirxbih
Level: Powered On

Reminders for SharePoint Calendar Events

Hi all,

I've been dealing with this setup for a while now and I just can't seem to figure out how I can set up a Microsoft flow to email me 30 minutes prior to a Calendar event.

Here is what I'm trying to work around:

• Create event
  • Set the 'EventTime' to a specific time
  • Grab 'EventTime' and is equal to 30 or 60 minutes.
  • Send email reminder when an event is about to happen in 30 or 60 minutes.

Calendar:

3.png

Step 1:

- This part works perfectly, it grabs the Calendar event and all the details such as 'EventTime' and all in the

1.png

Step 2:

- This part is where I'm stuck on, I'm creating a 'Apply to each' trigger that will use the 'Start Time' and make it equal to 60 minutes (I know it's not the correct formatting in the screenshot posted below - I'll need some assistance).

2.png

I can't seem to get this flow in the right direction and I can't seem to find anyone online that has done this before so I can mimic their movements.

All help is appreciated - Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Reminders for SharePoint Calendar Events

Hi @Semirxbih,

Do you want to use Flow to send email reminders 30 or 60 minutes before the event starts?

I am afraid that if you use the Step 2 of your workaround, you may not be able to achieve your requirements.

The utcNow() function is generally used as an parameter to the addMinutes() function. For more content of expressions, you can refer to the link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference

You could make some changes to your step2. I did a test on my side, it works. Please take a try with the following workaround:

• The previous steps are basically the same. After using Get item to get all the details such as 'Start Time', use Delay util action to send the message 30 minutes before the event starts.
  • Still use the addMinutes() function, select Start Time as the first parameter, and the second parameter is a negative number. For example, -30 is to send a reminder 30 minutes in advance.

Expression reference:

addMinutes(body('Get_item')['EventDate'],-1) 

For testing, my second parameter is -1, which is an email reminder one minute before the event starts.

30.PNG

The flow works successfully as below, the message was received one minute before the event started:

31.PNG

32.PNG

33.PNG

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Semirxbih
Level: Powered On

Thanks so much for all your help Barry @v-bacao-msft!

Thanks to your help, I am inching closer to making this happen but I am currently stuck on one step.

It is not letting me choose a 'Dynamic Expression' trigger for the Delay Until condition - Do you know a workaround? Inputting just the text throws an error.

Trigger.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Semirxbih,

Sorry, my reply made you confused. I don't mean to enter Text directly in filed, but input the expression I provided in Expression, and then click Ok, there is a graphical result, as below:

40.PNG

41.PNG

Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @Semirxbih!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-bacao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 4,356 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: