Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Remove ALL permissions for particular folder - HTTP request to SharePoint

Hello guys!

I am trying to find a way how to properly use HTTP request to SharePoint in order to remove permissions to particular folder. My goal is to remove at once permissions given to multiple users in the past first and then set new ones.

I managed to add permissions with HTTP request - i will do that with my excel sheet list. I managed to remove permissions for particular users (with their IDs/emails) - BUT i do not want to do that one by one (user) - i just want to do it for all users who were given permissions in the past, remove all of them at once (besides Owners). Then i will give new permissions.

Is there any particular way how to do it in general for all users for particular folder in one step? If not, is there another way? For example - can i list users who have permission for the folder, then extract email/id and remove all of them with apply to each?

Note: i do not want to work with groups, i want to work with users.

THANKS in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Remove ALL permissions for particular folder - HTTP request to SharePoint

Hi @Rejdy ,

Given that this focuses more on the usage of the SharePoint REST API, I would recommend you reaching out to the SharePoint Community forum for further guidance.

Nevertheless, I found this documentation on the subject that might be able to help you move forward!

Set Custom permissions on a List using REST.
Community Forum: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/113317/manage-file-permissions-using-rest-api

Hope this helps!

Ricardo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Remove ALL permissions for particular folder - HTTP request to SharePoint

Hi @Rejdy ,

Given that this focuses more on the usage of the SharePoint REST API, I would recommend you reaching out to the SharePoint Community forum for further guidance.

Nevertheless, I found this documentation on the subject that might be able to help you move forward!

Set Custom permissions on a List using REST.
Community Forum: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/113317/manage-file-permissions-using-rest-api

Hope this helps!

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,281)