cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjanow
Helper I
Helper I

Remove contact from all marketing lists they are a member of

I'm building on top of a workflow that runs when an email bounces within the D365 Marketing App.  After setting the do not bulk email field, I want to remove the contact from all marketing lists they are a member of.   I'm having trouble building the query to retrieve only the lists a particular contact is a member of.  I would rather not retrieve all marketing lists, go through each list to see if the contact is a member, and if they are remove them due to runtime reasons.  

Can anyone provide some insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@cjanow 

It's been a while since I've worked in this, but I think there is an entity called "Related Records" or something close, which would have the two entity types (contact : marketing lists in your example) and then a GUID for the contact, and a corresponding GUID for the appropriate list.  

So, if your contact was on four lists, I would expect to find four rows once I narrowed the related entities to contact and lists.

If I can find an instance to log into, I can double check and get more specific, but I thought that might be enough to get you started.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@cjanow 

It's been a while since I've worked in this, but I think there is an entity called "Related Records" or something close, which would have the two entity types (contact : marketing lists in your example) and then a GUID for the contact, and a corresponding GUID for the appropriate list.  

So, if your contact was on four lists, I would expect to find four rows once I narrowed the related entities to contact and lists.

If I can find an instance to log into, I can double check and get more specific, but I thought that might be enough to get you started.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,243)