Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vamhh
Level: Power Up

Remove last few characters from the output of "Html to text" connecter

Hi there guys.

I'm trying to push new feed items to Buffer using the following flow (as a test I'm sending the feed item to my email address). As you can see I'm using "Html to text" connected to remove HTML tags from the feed.chrome_2018-09-28_14-19-25.png

However, every feed summary item has a link enclosed in square brackets at the end of it. The actual output looks something like below: 

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s. [http://feedburner.com/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/123]

So, what I want to know is, is there a way to remove the last few characters from the feed summary. i.e, text link within the brackets and then push it to Email or Buffer. 

Thanks for your helps guys.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Remove last few characters from the output of "Html to text" connecter

Hi @vamhh,

I wonder if the content of all the feed summary items is formatted like the one you provided, you might try to separate the text using Expression.

take(split(body('Html_to_text'),'['),1)

Using split() function, the text is separated into two parts by ‘[’, and then the first part is taken using the take() function.

Image reference:

16.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vamhh
Level: Power Up

Re: Remove last few characters from the output of "Html to text" connecter

Hi @v-bacao-msft, thanks for your help.

I've just tried your suggestion and it removed the URL. However, the output is now wrapped in double quotes and is enclosed in square brackets. Not only that but there are also newline characters (\n) Something like below.

["Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.\nLorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s."]

Can we remove the square brackets and double quotes?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,076)