cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Kog8790
Advocate I
Advocate I

Remove one of many items returned from the list rows in a table

Here is my situation: I'm using the get user profile flow to grab the email address of the user of a chatbot then I am querying list rows in a table flow to get the email addresses where X column equals 4. I then want to remove one of the email addresses returned if it matches the email address from the get user profile flow before finally creating a chat with the remaining email addresses.

 

So far I've tried filtering via filter array but this automatically throws me into a for each scenario which causes problems for me creating a single group chat rather than many chats. Any idea how I can achieve this. It seems like it should be straight forward but I am at a loss with trying to make it happen.

remove email1.pngremove email2.pngremove email3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kog8790,

 

It should be possible to place a Filter Array between List rows and the Select. Make sure you remove the value field in the Select From and swap it for the Body field of the Filter Array.

 

filterarray_ignoreemail.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kog8790,

 

It should be possible to place a Filter Array between List rows and the Select. Make sure you remove the value field in the Select From and swap it for the Body field of the Filter Array.

 

filterarray_ignoreemail.png

Thank you for responding. I just tried it with the changes you suggested and unfortunately it did not work. It is still placing the user email address in the create a chat flow. 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kog8790,

 

To troubleshoot this I would suggest to have a look of the flow history of your last run which did not exclude the user. 

 

Check both the inputs and outputs of the Get user profile, Filter Array and the Select action. This should give you a pointer in which step it goes wrong.

 

1. Get user Profile in my flow test run. As you can see I am trying to filter for Jane. Her e-mail address is found.

checkgetuserprofile.png

 

2. In the Inputs of the Filter Array you can still her Email. In the outputs it is gone. 

check_input_output_flowrun.png

Yes! ok I feel a bit silly now, but I found the issue. Your solution works the issue was in the 365-user profile it uppercases the email so when I'm filtering for Mail(First.Last@email.com) in Email(first.last@email.com)  it was not seeing a match due the upper case letters vs. lower case letters. Now I'll be doing some searching for a solution to automatically convert Mail.lower 

 

Thanks for your help! I'll mark your original answer as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,168)