cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTinoco1996
Level: Powered On

Removing assigned members

Hello

As the title suggests, i'm having a problem where i can't remove assigned members from a task on flow ( the flow works in the following way: Task is updated on outlook calendar and updates the planner task on planner)

At the moment it's doing everything ( including adding members) but i can't seem to delete members.

Basically i delete the  members on outlook but it doesn't affect planner at all.

Is there any way to do it? If yes how?

print 4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft rocamp
Microsoft

Re: Removing assigned members

Hi @FTinoco1996 ,

The only way I have been able to do this is by the following flow.

1. Use the 'When an event is modified (v3)'  trigger U
  2. Use the 'Get a task' planner action to get the assignment details
  3. Add an 'Apply to each' action and use the 'assignments' dynamic content from the 'Get a task' planner action
  4. Inside the 'Apply to each' add the 'Get user' Azure Active Directory action and use the 'assignments Assigned To User Id' dynamic content. We are doing this to get the email address of the users assigned to the task because the 'Get a task' planner task only provides user IDs and not email addresses of users.
  5. Still inside the 'Apply to each' add the 'Unassign users from a task' Planner action and add the specific task and put the 'User Principal Name' dynamic content in the 'Remove assigned users' field
  6. Finally, outside the 'Apply to each', add the 'Update a task' Planner action and put the 'Required attendees' and 'Optional attendees' dynamic content from the 'When an event is modified (V3)' Outlook trigger

This will remove all users from the task and re-add all again based on the current users required and optional in the event. This is the only way I have been able to determine how to do this.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Microsoft rocamp
Microsoft

Hi @FTinoco1996 ,

I think you are looking for the 'Unassign users from a task' action

Capture.JPG

Can you show me what your trigger for this Flow is?

Microsoft rocamp
Microsoft

Hi @FTinoco1996 ,

I did some testing, and you should be able to remove users with the Update a task action as well. It worked for me. But, the Flow needs to be triggered in order to run and populate the Remove assigned users field with the user that you remove the from Outlook. That's why I want to know what your trigger is.

FTinoco1996

Hi @rocamp 

Sorry for the late reply, i had left the office for the day already.

So the flow is constructed as this:

print ultimate fase.PNG

The variables are to get the task ID (i attached the planner task id onto the title) and as so put the id on the task ID area on update task

FTinoco1996

@rocamp would you have any idea on how to do it? been trying to snatch member's emaisl with "get user email " function and some other ones and non seem to work.

Also the trigger is "When an event is changed)

Microsoft rocamp
Microsoft

Hi @FTinoco1996 ,

What is your process for removing users from the event so I make sure I reproduce this correctly?

FTinoco1996

@rocamp My process to remove users from the event is going on the event on outlook callendar, press the event, edit it  and on the members pressing x on them and remove them as such, and then i save.

Microsoft rocamp
Microsoft

Hi @FTinoco1996 ,

The only way I have been able to do this is by the following flow.

1. Use the 'When an event is modified (v3)'  trigger U
  2. Use the 'Get a task' planner action to get the assignment details
  3. Add an 'Apply to each' action and use the 'assignments' dynamic content from the 'Get a task' planner action
  4. Inside the 'Apply to each' add the 'Get user' Azure Active Directory action and use the 'assignments Assigned To User Id' dynamic content. We are doing this to get the email address of the users assigned to the task because the 'Get a task' planner task only provides user IDs and not email addresses of users.
  5. Still inside the 'Apply to each' add the 'Unassign users from a task' Planner action and add the specific task and put the 'User Principal Name' dynamic content in the 'Remove assigned users' field
  6. Finally, outside the 'Apply to each', add the 'Update a task' Planner action and put the 'Required attendees' and 'Optional attendees' dynamic content from the 'When an event is modified (V3)' Outlook trigger

This will remove all users from the task and re-add all again based on the current users required and optional in the event. This is the only way I have been able to determine how to do this.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

View solution in original post

FTinoco1996

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly like that

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,479)