cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonK
Advocate II
Advocate II

Removing characters from an Outlook-calendar array (Categories)

Hello, Does anyone have any ideas on how to scrape out characters when utilizing the Outlook calendar - Categories field?

Example pull all the calendar events. When the categories field is pulled, categories are stored in an array because multiple categories can be selected. However when they are inserted into an excel or sharepoint list, they are displayed like ["Red category", "Blue category"]

I want to strip out the brackets [ ] and the quotes " ". Leaving just the name and comma. Example Red category , Blue category.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate,

You can join and replace to achieve your requirement -

join(outputs('Compose'),',')

CFernandes_0-1634149948840.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey Mate,

You can join and replace to achieve your requirement -

join(outputs('Compose'),',')

CFernandes_0-1634149948840.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

View solution in original post

Awesome @CFernandes  Worked quick and easy. Thank you

@JasonK Wohoo... I am glad that your problem has been resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,458)