cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mcorning
Level 8

Removing dynamic content

I think I'm beginning to see how dynamic content works. At this point in my understanding, it looks like it's incumbent on me to be careful when i select the Ask PowerApps option. If I'm not careful, I end up with dynamic content nodes that I don't want, actually.

The usual case is when a subsequent dynamic node appears in the list and gets appended with the next integer.

So how do I remove these unnecessary nodes?

As a side-effect, they appear in the Flow's argument list in PowerApps, so i generally pass empty values for the unnecessary nodes. However, this tends to make my code messy making it look like I don't know what I'm doing...wait, clearly, i don't know what I'm doing...<g/>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Removing dynamic content

Hi Mcorning,

I don't think you can remove the "unnecessary nodes" in Flow. Though this is a good idea I agree.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Mcorning,

I don't think you can remove the "unnecessary nodes" in Flow. Though this is a good idea I agree.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

HenningStrand
Level: Powered On

The one option I have found is to delete the PowerApps trigger action and recreate it. This effectively removes all Dynamic content for PowerApps and you can again start to create new by clicking 'Ask in PowerApps'. This actually isn't as bad as it sounds. I have done this when I found out I created Flow variables of the wrong type (eg. Integer when I actually wanted a String) and had already clicked 'Ask in PowerApps' to create the dynamic content.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 77 members 3,735 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: