cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Removing dynamic content

I think I'm beginning to see how dynamic content works. At this point in my understanding, it looks like it's incumbent on me to be careful when i select the Ask PowerApps option. If I'm not careful, I end up with dynamic content nodes that I don't want, actually.

The usual case is when a subsequent dynamic node appears in the list and gets appended with the next integer.

So how do I remove these unnecessary nodes?

As a side-effect, they appear in the Flow's argument list in PowerApps, so i generally pass empty values for the unnecessary nodes. However, this tends to make my code messy making it look like I don't know what I'm doing...wait, clearly, i don't know what I'm doing...<g/>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Removing dynamic content

Hi Mcorning,

I don't think you can remove the "unnecessary nodes" in Flow. Though this is a good idea I agree.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Mcorning,

I don't think you can remove the "unnecessary nodes" in Flow. Though this is a good idea I agree.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The one option I have found is to delete the PowerApps trigger action and recreate it. This effectively removes all Dynamic content for PowerApps and you can again start to create new by clicking 'Ask in PowerApps'. This actually isn't as bad as it sounds. I have done this when I found out I created Flow variables of the wrong type (eg. Integer when I actually wanted a String) and had already clicked 'Ask in PowerApps' to create the dynamic content.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,408)