cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batrc76

Removing email-generated text

From the example below, is there a way to remove the final (in red) line from the email generated from Flow, or a way to keep it from generating in the email at all? Thanks.

From: Microsoft PowerApps and Flow <microsoft@powerapps.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Subject: Posting Request Saved: 62: this is a quick title test on Nov 5th

You have saved a posting request.  It is NOT marked as ready for reviewer.  Please return to the item complete the posting request and mark as ready for reviewer.  

If you want to unsubscribe from these emails, please use this form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That line is hard coded into the action by Microsoft and can't be removed.  Like any message that has the potential to be viewed as SPAM there is a legal requirement to include an unsubscribe link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That line is hard coded into the action by Microsoft and can't be removed.  Like any message that has the potential to be viewed as SPAM there is a legal requirement to include an unsubscribe link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

MarcoRiva

We had the same need to hide the unsubscribe link because our app is used to send ticket notifications to internal personnel, so the user should not be able to unsubscribe.

I found a couple of workarounds:
1. simply add a lot of html line breaks (br) at the end of your message body, so the unsubscribe link is pushed down and it is not visible unless you scroll down the message to its end. This maintains the legality of the message but makes it more difficult to click the link by mistake.

2. because that link is inside a paragraph, you can hide it using a CSS Style. Add the following code at the beginning of your message body and the unsubscribe link will disappear:

<style>p {display: none;}</style>

Be careful: do not use html paragraphs in your message, otherwise they will be hidden, too

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,518)