cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesfisher
Frequent Visitor

Removing extra semi colons appearing in column

Hello!

I have a flow that capture 'one or more approver' and put their name into a 'Document Reviewed By' column in the Document Library in SharePoint. I added the semi colon in the flow as shown before but it will always show an extra one after the final name. 

Is there a way to show this without the extra semi and even better, neither of the two at the end!? 🤓

semicoloninpowerautomate.pngsemicolonindocumentlibrary.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

I see that you are updating Item inside Apply to each. You should do it outside the loop. And you can use substring expression like below...

substring(variables('approverslist'), 0, lastIndexOf(variables('approverslist') ,';'))

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

I see that you are updating Item inside Apply to each. You should do it outside the loop. And you can use substring expression like below...

substring(variables('approverslist'), 0, lastIndexOf(variables('approverslist') ,';'))

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Thanks so much for the reply @PrasadAthalye . I've tried to apply this but not sure if I am doing it correctly. I'm getting an error and not sure how to resolve it. Have I moved the update item correctly?

jamesfisher_0-1629975588444.png

Actually @PrasadAthalye  - I suspect you were suggesting something like this! Appears to be working! Thank you!!

jamesfisher_2-1629976444343.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,753)