cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Rename an attachment file received by email before saving it

Hi everyone,

I tried to make a flow with Dropbox : "save email attachments to a dropbox folder"

The standard flow is working great but, if I have the same name of the file attached, it is overwriting on the dropbox folder...

Could you please tell me how to remane an attachment file (with the date/time added for example) ?

Thanks

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi frdrcjrdn,

I think you can use subject+attachmentName or any other name combination as the dropbox file name to resolve the name conflict. Hope it works

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi frdrcjrdn,

I think you can use subject+attachmentName or any other name combination as the dropbox file name to resolve the name conflict. Hope it works

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I can't put the object + the attachment name.

It told me (in red) that it is impossible because of the foreaech instruction...

So I put the "subject".pdf and I get my attachment renamed with the email subject plus the PDF extension.

But my problem, now, is when I have two attachments in the email, I get an error with the flow because, of course, there is a problem of overwriting files...

I get stucked !

I even try to put a condition on the content-type of the attachment (equal to ".pdf") but I get an error of the flow...

Did someone has a flow which is working to save only a PDF attachment of an email recevied into a dropbox foler ?

Thanks

Fred

Highlighted

Hi, same issue here... adding a timestamp to the filename would be a solution, but as far as I now it's not possible for the moment. 

Cheers 

Kris

Highlighted

Hi @frdrcjrdn and @krizz,

Please take a look at the thread below, see if the workaround works for your situation:

Modify Dynamic Content Before Use in Flow

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm looking for the same solution... i have many bills coming in via email for different properties. In the body of the email it has supply address, and ideally i would like this captured somewhere so i can either name the file this way, or store it in the correct folder commencing with email date YYYY-MM-DD Supply address 1 - Elec

It will save me lots of time... and manual filing of these bills... seriously... if someone could create this archive box for all bills etc, they would be trillionaire...

Cheers

Highlighted

@Dutch77 Did you get a solution? I am trying something similar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,969)