cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrymylo
Regular Visitor

Re: Renaming a File in SharePoint Online

Hope someone can help since there is clearly something I'm missing. I've followed the steps in the flows but when I do a test the workflow keeps running until it times out. When I look at what's happened I get a Bad Gateway error.

My flow looks like this

Annotation on 2020-03-30 at 12-55-47.png

When I combine the site address with the uri, I can view the item's contents without any problems. Have I mistyped or omitted something?

Thanks,
Harry

izzie21
Regular Visitor

Hi @faustocapellanj ,

I've tried to follow this post about renaming my file in SharePoint. It's been really helpful, but I'm getting the following error message:

Capture2.PNG

Here is why I have:

Capture.PNG

When I use your recommended _api/web/lists/GetByTitle('List or Doc Library Name here')

My 'List of Doc Library Name' is 'Documents' and it returns 'SP.Data.Shared_x0020DocumentsItem'

I've tried using 'Documents' , 'SharedDocuments' and 'Shared_x0020Documents' instead of 'Shared%20Documents' but still getting the same error message. I wonder if you have an idea on how to get this to work?

Thanks !

Super User
Super User

Hi @izzie21 

I think your issue is that you are using the File Identifier instead of the ID property. If you look at the screenshot below, the section inside the red rectangle is expecting a number not a string.

Untitled.png

Try that and let me know.

Regards

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

harrymylo
Regular Visitor

@faustocapellanj any thoughts on why I'm getting an error?

BFroc
Regular Visitor

Hi @harrymylo ,

try this, in the URI field:

• remove the / in front of _api
BFroc
Regular Visitor

I have a Folder inside my List. Anyone know how to call that folder instead of the root of the list?

I've tried 
_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('Documents/General')

_api/web/lists/GetByTitle('Shared%20Documents/General')

And no response from the API. Error I get is 
List 'Documents/General' does not exist at site with URL 'https://

@faustocapellanj any thoughts?

Super User
Super User

Hi @BFroc 

I think for your case, you'll have to use the GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl endpoint. The link below has done information about this endpoint. By the way, I'd test the endpoint in the browser first to make sure you can see the folder you need and then try it in Power Automate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-folders-and-files-with-resth... 

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,845)