Hope someone can help since there is clearly something I'm missing. I've followed the steps in the flows but when I do a test the workflow keeps running until it times out. When I look at what's happened I get a Bad Gateway error.
My flow looks like this
When I combine the site address with the uri, I can view the item's contents without any problems. Have I mistyped or omitted something?
Hi @faustocapellanj ,
I've tried to follow this post about renaming my file in SharePoint. It's been really helpful, but I'm getting the following error message:
Here is why I have:
When I use your recommended _api/web/lists/GetByTitle('List or Doc Library Name here').
My 'List of Doc Library Name' is 'Documents' and it returns 'SP.Data.Shared_x0020DocumentsItem'
I've tried using 'Documents' , 'SharedDocuments' and 'Shared_x0020Documents' instead of 'Shared%20Documents' but still getting the same error message. I wonder if you have an idea on how to get this to work?
I think your issue is that you are using the File Identifier instead of the ID property. If you look at the screenshot below, the section inside the red rectangle is expecting a number not a string.
Try that and let me know.
I have a Folder inside my List. Anyone know how to call that folder instead of the root of the list?
And no response from the API. Error I get is
List 'Documents/General' does not exist at site with URL 'https://
@faustocapellanj any thoughts?
I think for your case, you'll have to use the GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl endpoint. The link below has done information about this endpoint. By the way, I'd test the endpoint in the browser first to make sure you can see the folder you need and then try it in Power Automate.
I followed the instructions carefully but the file name is still the original file name, not updated.
Got an error The parameter __metadata does not exist in method GetById. double underline before metadata, single quote in the json body
Looking at the screenshot you posted, the Uri parameter is missing something: web. Your Uri value is _api/lists/GetByTitle('Document Request')/Items(ID), but it should be _api/lists/web/GetByTitle('Document Request')/Items(ID). Please update it to match the one I posted and give it a try.
The flow finished successfully but the name not updated, name should be: EMS_Environment_Matrix-Restricted-WMF-062220-147.xls.
by the way, I didn't use web in the other URIs to set permission but no issue
_api/lists/getByTitle('Document Request')/Items(insertIDhere)/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid=varRequesterID, roledefid=1073741827)
Hi @faustocapellanj ,
I followed your advice, and was able to get to a point where the HTTP Request identifies the file, no problem, but because I have a nested folder structure, I don't know what to input for SP.Data.LISTNAMEItem in the __metadata call.
Using just the very last folder name SP.Data.CHILDFOLDERItem results in this, but any combination of folders doesn't work.
Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!
Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021