cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anmdf
Level: Powered On

Renaming worksheet, removing format, reading text file

Hello!

I have a few questions on the flow that I'm building... The process is to read a table in Excel, convert to CSV, and send in an email which will be taken care of by another automation.

My flow right now is that I have created an Excel template, and proceeded to "add a row into a table" for each row in the source file table. Then create a file in Sharepoint with a .csv extension and then attach it to an email. Opening the file and it still had the formatting of the table. 

So I was just wondering, is it possible to...

1. rename the worksheet in the csv file using Flow?

2. remove all formatting of data?

Also, is it possible to read a text file with tab delimiters and then "paste" it into an Excel table for conversion to csv? 

Thank you! Any suggestions would help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Renaming worksheet, removing format, reading text file

Hi @anmdf,

1. I have tested on my side, there is no worksheet name in the CSV file, do you mean rename the worksheet in the Excel file?
  2. What' the original format of the data? On my side, there is String.
  3. There is no way to read a text file, so you may be hard to get data from it and put it into Excel Table.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anmdf,

Correct my previous reply: There is no relative action to read a text file, but you can use the Get file content to get the content of the text file.

Could you share your Csv file instance? So that we can better understand your requirement that renames the worksheet name.

By the way, there are a blog and some post that how to deal with the CSV file, you can have a reference with it:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/read-csv-file-and-write-to-destination/m-p/258524

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

anmdf

Hello @v-litu-msft,

Sorry for the late response. 

The process is that:

1. A tab-delimited .txt file is received via email (with about a hundred rows, no header)

2. There is a template Excel (.xlsx) file with two sheets (stored in SharePoint). The contents of the .txt file is copied to Sheet 1.

3. Sheet 2 gets the data required from the .txt file. The result is two rows (one header and one datarow)

4. Sheet 2 is then converted to a .csv file and sent via email.

I tried making it into a .csv file via Flow by doing the Create File (SharePoint) and just putting a .csv extension; but I guess that's not how I should do it? Smiley Mad

Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @anmdf,

Could you please share an example about the txt file? (Block the key information)

Best Regards,

anmdf

Here is the data:2019-09-20_10-40-05.png

These should be converted to csv, and will be filtered using the first column. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,967)