cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AirlineDigital
Level: Powered On

Replace email subject with part of email body

I have an old system auto-generating emails.  The subject line is always the same - and I can't modify the sending system to do anything different.  Can Flow analyse the body of the email and modify the subject line of the email in the inbox?  

Currently all the emails have the same subject line and so is really difficult for the team to identify, prioritise etc.  Ideally I'd like to modify the subject based on the body so it is more meaningful.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Replace email subject with part of email body

Hi @AirlineDigital,

Do you mean that when sending an email, the subject line is edited according to the content of the body?

I think this seems difficult to achieve with Flow, because first we need to get the content of the body of the message, but this message is still being edited, so theoretically it is not possible to get its content.

Since it is the system that automatically generates mail, Flow seems to be difficult to intervene in the generation of mail.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AirlineDigital

Hi Barry,
Not sending. Another system is auto generating emails and sending them to a shared mailbox. The other system gives each email the same subject regardless of message content. I can't change that.
What I'm hoping to do is modify the subject line after the email has arrived in the inbox by analysing the body of the email. Even if I have to create a copy of the email (amend the subject) and archive the original.
Otto

You could parse a section of data from the original email body into a new or reply/forward email and send to yourself.

You would need to know exactly where the data is and split it each time.
There does not seem to be any modify email function to do this otherwise

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AirlineDigital,

You could use Html to text to get the content of the body of the email, then use the WDL function to extract part of the body text (representative content in the body) as the subject line, and then send the email to the email address.

The trouble here is who is the sender of Send an email action, because the sender of the email sent via the Send an email action is the connection account for this action.

If the sender of the mail sent by your system is uniform, this method is applicable here.

37.PNG

You can use the Export email-Create file method to save the initial file of the mail. You can also use another Connector instead of OneDrive.

38.PNG

If you need it, you could also delete the original email using the Delete email action, which should be considered carefully.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 389 members 6,226 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: