cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJB007
Regular Visitor

Replacing Excel Macros with Power Automate Flow

I need a little bit of help. I need to create a flow that will automate a task I perform every morning.

Currently, to produce a delivery route for my driver, I download two separate .csv files (corporate and private sales) to obtain delivery address information. The person I took over from would then manually delete the unnecessary columns and reorganise/rename the remaining ones before merging the data from the two files. I have already simplified this by recording macros in excel but macros are not easily shareable.

What I would like to do is use a flow instead.

Since Power Automate does not recognise .csv files, I would need some way to convert them to .xlsx format. I guess the simplest option right now might be to open and [Save As] but I would prefer if flow could automate this aspect also.

Here is what I need to happen

Download 2 files - [corporate.csv] and [private.csv]

Manually trigger Flow

Convert .csv to .xlsx (if this cannot be automated, then this step would preceed the flow trigger)

Create tables in the.xlsx files so that the data can be read

select relevant columns from corporate.csv (name, address, phone etc)

select relevant columns from private.csv (same info as above, but column headings have different names)

combine selected columns into new table and save as .xlsx file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DJB007,

You could use the convert-csv-to-excel-xlsx-spreadsheet action convert the CSV to Excel content, steps as below:Screenshot 2021-05-24 143232.jpg

And you could via this link to create the API:

https://account.cloudmersive.com/keys 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DJB007,

You could use the convert-csv-to-excel-xlsx-spreadsheet action convert the CSV to Excel content, steps as below:Screenshot 2021-05-24 143232.jpg

And you could via this link to create the API:

https://account.cloudmersive.com/keys 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,813)