Pullox
Frequent Visitor

Reply to email with data retrieved from an excel spreadsheet

Hello,

I am trying to achieve the following:

When an email arrives >

Reply to that email >

Include value pulled from a table in the body >

Next email should receive the next value from the table.

What I've achieved so far seems to be working fine except for the part where the next value is send. 

flow.pngtable.png

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Pullox

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Pullox  what you wnat to do is send an email with the first value then send the next email with the next value until ends your table? if is yes what I'll do is delete the first record on excel table after the email is sended so then for a new email the value to send would be the next one.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Pullox it is going to be very difficult to get the next value from that list in the spreadsheet. You would be better to hold the next incremental value as a single item in a SharePoint list (or possibly a spreadsheet table but I prefer SharePoint lists). You take the current value from that list then update it for the next item by adding 1 to the value.

Rob
Los Gallardos

ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @Pullox  what you wnat to do is send an email with the first value then send the next email with the next value until ends your table? if is yes what I'll do is delete the first record on excel table after the email is sended so then for a new email the value to send would be the next one.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Hello @ChristianAbata,

Many thanks for you suggestion it seems to work as it always deletes the top value so the next time the trigger is activated it sends the next value.

I will perfect it and update the results.

Thank you so much for you help!

@ChristianAbata,

As promised here is the solution I implemented I actually delete each value I send and then add it to a different table to keep a record it  worked like a charm.

Many thanks for your help once again! 

Annotation 2020-03-18 170554.png

Shure @Pullox

I'm participating in tshirt contest see if my submition likes you See my submition

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,256)