cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

Request for Custom Email body before sending a mail

I have a flow that sends a mail when I approve the Flow. I already have the subject & Body of the email set in the "Send Email" step. But what I want right now is to be able to add some additional information whenever necessary.

So, basically this is a mail regarding a weekly update. And I have used expressions to make it specific to current week. But whenever we have a holiday, I would like to add some additional text to it and I would like this to be customizable so I would not prefer a static text that can be stored in Flow. So I was wondering I flow can ask me for the custom text before sending the mail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Gangula ,

Thanks for updating.

I am afraid that it might be not possible to add additional information during the flow run.

However, please try adding the info when you trigger the flow.

Let’s say if you are using the Button trigger, you could add a Text input control for the additional info, then use it in the email body.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gangula ,

Do you want to add some additional information in the email body when the day is a holiday?

We are not able to find Holidays with a universal formula, each country has its own list of holidays. To know whether the day is a holiday, we need to have the holiday information stored somewhere, such as in a SharePoint list.

In the following scenario, I’ll use a SharePoint list with holidays information.

1.PNG

Then in the flow, use variables and functions to check if Today’s date belongs to the Holiday. If yes, return some additional information, if not, return blank.

The function used in the email body is:

if(contains(variables('holiday'),utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')),'happy holiday','')

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft wrote:

Hi @Gangula ,

If yes, return some additional information, if not, return blank.

Best regards,

Mabel

Hi Mabel, Thank you for your suggestion. But that's not what I want. The additional information that I want is not a static information. I cannot store it in a variable. Instead I would like Flow to ask me what would like to be added.

Hi @Gangula ,

Thanks for updating.

I am afraid that it might be not possible to add additional information during the flow run.

However, please try adding the info when you trigger the flow.

Let’s say if you are using the Button trigger, you could add a Text input control for the additional info, then use it in the email body.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Wow, that's a good idea. But I use an Approval step. So in my case I can use the comments filed to add additional information. And I leave the comments blank while approving when I don't want any additional information.

miketondu
Frequent Visitor

Has this been solved?  It would seem very straightforward to have an email template pop up to be manually approved and edited depending on the case instead of automatically sending it.   Otherwise I have to hard-code 20 different types of email depending on the sharepoint file characteristics.    Is there a way to do this without flow?   maybe connecting outlook and sharepoint directly ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,556)