Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Garmo115
Level: Powered On

Request sharepoint list data

Hi Guys

Is it possible through the use of Atbot (bizzy), sharepoint lists and teams to do the following.

I want to setup a flow that when the user requests a bit of information through teams chat that the flow will search through a sharepoint list and then send the data requested.

for example if a user messaged in teams "list abn number" or "List IT number" then it would search the sharepoint list for "ABN number or IT Number" and then reply with the requested information.

If this is not possible, is there any other way that a user can request information and have a flow search through data and send requested data back.

sharepoint list.PNG

Thanks for the help

- Garret

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeHerres

Re: Request sharepoint list data

There are a couple of ways you can do this.  The one proven way (which I just did in about 5 minutes) is to use the List Items action from SharePoint and use the substringof() odata method to find what you are looking for.  For this to work, the column you are searching through cannot be a multiline text field.  This would also mean that you are only searching through that one list and not throughout your whole site.  The flow looks like this:

SFlow.PNG

After the intent trigger, you ask the user to specify what they are looking for.  Then you use that in the odata filter in the SharePoint List Items action like this:

SFlow2.PNG

Now, another way you could go about this (I have not proven it out yet) is to use the SharePoint HTTP Request action and use the search API REST endpoint: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/sharepoint-search-rest-api-overv... This will likely return search results back in the form of a JSON payload which you  would use the JSON Parse action to make sense of.

Hope this helps!

-joe

2 REPLIES 2
JoeHerres

There are a couple of ways you can do this.  The one proven way (which I just did in about 5 minutes) is to use the List Items action from SharePoint and use the substringof() odata method to find what you are looking for.  For this to work, the column you are searching through cannot be a multiline text field.  This would also mean that you are only searching through that one list and not throughout your whole site.  The flow looks like this:

SFlow.PNG

After the intent trigger, you ask the user to specify what they are looking for.  Then you use that in the odata filter in the SharePoint List Items action like this:

SFlow2.PNG

Now, another way you could go about this (I have not proven it out yet) is to use the SharePoint HTTP Request action and use the search API REST endpoint: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/sharepoint-search-rest-api-overv... This will likely return search results back in the form of a JSON payload which you  would use the JSON Parse action to make sense of.

Hope this helps!

-joe

Garmo115

Hi @JoeHerres

Thanks for the reply

I have just deployed this flow and it works perfectly!!

Your a legend!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 203 members 4,737 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: