cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vllanso
Helper II
Helper II

Request to XRM API failed with error - AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed - provided usage configuration name 'WORKFLOW-xxxx' has a length of '81' which exceeds the maximum limit of '80

Hello,

Today I just started getting the mentioned error when I try to save an existing flow.

I had been working without problems with the flow for many days, but now I get the error.

Does anyone has a clue on how to solve it ? 

I have already tried re-starting the browser, cleaning the cache, using a different browser, but with no luck.

The complete error is:

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed","message":"Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: '{\"error\":{\"code\":\"InvalidResourceName\",\"message\":\"The provided usage configuration name 'WORKFLOW-DEFAULTDDD8EDED74AA43638EB4A997F291D6BE-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' has a length of '81' which exceeds the maximum limit of '80'.\"}}'."}}". Code: 0x80060467 InnerError: '.

Thanks, Victor.

4 REPLIES 4
vllanso
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

I continued my tests and have been able to reproduce the same error creating a very simple flow as part of a flow solution.

This new flow is a child flow with just the trigger and a compose action.

After I save it, I go to the detail screen and edit the license information to try to change it from "Per-user plan" to "Per-flow plan", and when I click save, I got the same error (XRM API failed with error - AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed).

STEP

INFORMATION

SCREENSHOT

Create a very simple flow with just with a trigger and a compose, and save it

vllanso_0-1619606688557.jpeg

In the flow details screen, click on edit to change the license from “Per-user-Plan” to “Per-Flow-plan”, and as soon as I click in “Save”, I get the XRM API failed error

vllanso_2-1619606826463.png

The complete error message is:

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"AzureResourceManagerRequestFailed","message":"Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: '{\"error\":{\"code\":\"InvalidResourceName\",\"message\":\"The provided usage configuration name 'WORKFLOW-DEFAULTDDD8EDED74AA43638EB4A997F291D6BE-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' has a length of '81' which exceeds the maximum limit of '80'.\"}}'."}}". Code: 0x80060467 InnerError: '.

Any help or clue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Victor.

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

I've never seen an error like this on simply creating a flow that does nothing. I honestly have no idea why this could be occurring. The only thing I can think of is if some kind of corruption occurred on the cloud side of things. My recommendation would be to open a ticket with Microsoft Support on this. I'll include a link below. Otherwise if any other communities users have any ideas feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes Alex, I opened a ticket a few days ago, but still have no solution.

I did have an initial call with the support team, but I am waiting for an answer. I will share it in this blog when I have it.

Regards, Victor.

Hello,

I just received an update from the support team and they have updated and rolled out "something" related with solutions, and the fact is that now I can do the sample license change mentioned above without getting the "XRM API failed" error.

Thanks, Victor.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,415)