cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eauerbach
Helper III
Helper III

Resource not found for the segment - Custom Entity

I've seen solutions for the error message, but none are working in my scenario. I'm trying to update a lookup of a custom entity and cannot get past the error. I've tried using singular, plural, table name, slashes, etc., but cannot get the flow to work. Any suggestions?

eauerbach_0-1610553211360.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eauerbach
Helper III
Helper III

Resolved by adding the table prefix to the entity: /e8s_modalities(GUID)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eauerbach
Helper III
Helper III

Resolved by adding the table prefix to the entity: /e8s_modalities(GUID)

FelixRech
Helper I
Helper I

This post seems to be the most recent one on the forum on this topic so I'm trying to get an answer here:
I'm having the same issue and can't find what I'm missing. Someone here who can help?

I'm using a 'Dataverse: Add new Row' activity to create a new row in the table declarations. The table has a LookupColumn which refers to the table 'campaigns'. The table 'campaigns' is set up like this:  

FelixRech_1-1631524693165.png

This is my response: 

FelixRech_0-1631524549211.png

What am I doing wrong?

@eauerbach @ManishJain (adding you since you have replied to posts on this topic in the past)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Solved it myself.  The problem is, that the singular name of my table is the same as my plural display name. I had to add an -es to my table name to get the actual plural name: /cr39c_campaignses(GUID)

Kind regards

MelissaReed
Advocate II
Advocate II

I had the same error but none of these solutions applied to my situation.

If you are in the same boat, consider if the problem is one of the columns within your Insert A Row and not the entity name itself.

I was copy Billing Template records over to the Billing table

MelissaReed_0-1650064007363.png

The "values" that drives the looping is outputs('List_rows_for_AIS_Billing_Template')?['body/value'] -- from a List Rows from a Dataverse entity/table

What I discovered was the problem wasn't my entity at all, but one of the columns in a very long list of fields on that entity -- Owners.

The two entities are supposed to be mirror images of each other structurally, so I just copied over field by field, including Owner.

When I couldn't figure out the error I decided to just do a simple Insert Row with only the one required field -- and it worked.

So I started adding in fields 5 at a time to find the culprit, and it was Owners, which is system-created field on this custom entity.  

I also dropped Record Created On and Status Reason -- not because they were giving me any errors but because it didn't make sense to carry them forward.  Let the system default the values -- and it didn't give an error for not having them populated.

I wasted 3 hours on this thinking it was my connection, a firewall problem, plural vs. singular naming, Name vs. Entity Name...... All because of a column WITHIN the entity/update statement and not the entity itself.  

Hope this helps someone else.

Microsoft, you need to step up your game on error reporting.   

smharrod
Frequent Visitor

I had this issue and found that if you look in the Table Solution Layers, select the layer than look at the properties for the Table you need to lookup. It is the collectionname that worked for me, e.g /name of Table collection/dynamic content choice, e.g. my table was called Areas, but its collection name was nameofenvironment_areas, so I just needed to put that in-between then forward slashes /nameofenvironment_areas/ followed by the dynamic content choice I needed.

smharrod_0-1652459067154.png

smharrod_1-1652459172157.png

smharrod_2-1652459308541.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,539)