cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Respond to a PowerApp or Flow problem parallel branch

Hi, 

I added a first response action in my Flow (in the screenprint below on the left-hand side) and specified that the response shall only be send if the previous steps fail, time out or are skipped. This works nicely. 

However, when I try to add another response in case everything worked fine before, I receive the following error message:

FlowA.png

Can somebody help me understanding why that happens?

As soon as I enter the last action 'OK' on the right hand side, the error message pops up. 

Would be great if somebody could help. 

Many thanks, 

Ludwig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can't have two Respond to Power Apps actions in the same flow.  This is a particular problem since you are defining two different parameters in the two actions.  Power Apps needs to be able to expect a specific schema for the response.

The way to do what you are trying is to set a status message variable where you have the two responses now and then once you exit the condition and are back in a single branch you can process the Respond to Power Apps and supply the variable as the text message returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can't have two Respond to Power Apps actions in the same flow.  This is a particular problem since you are defining two different parameters in the two actions.  Power Apps needs to be able to expect a specific schema for the response.

The way to do what you are trying is to set a status message variable where you have the two responses now and then once you exit the condition and are back in a single branch you can process the Respond to Power Apps and supply the variable as the text message returned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Do you have like example where we can use to make it work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,385)