cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ck25415
Level 8

Respond to powerapps action: title field gets renamed automatically after saving the flow

Hello,

I have a respond to powerapps action in which the title fields is automatically replaced with text for text type and boolean for yes/no type after the saving the flow. Is this a bug ?.See below image.

respondtoPA.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Respond to powerapps action: title field gets renamed automatically after saving the flow

I’m not completely sure I understand your question/issue. but, I think I might.

Are you saying that when you read the response in PowerApps you get the values “Text” and “Boolean” back? Rather than the actual Text and Boolean values you expect?

If so, can you stick a couple of Compose actions into your Flow to show what the value of the expressions are when the Flow runs? And maybe share the expressions with us. Let’s start there and see if the issue is in the Flow, or the Flow to PowerApps connection.

Edit: I just looked closer on your screenshot (I’m on a phone) and see it’s not expressions, but just “true()”. What are you expecting to see in PowerApps and what do you see?

- Mark
ck25415
Level 8

Re: Respond to powerapps action: title field gets renamed automatically after saving the flow

@MarkStokes,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am trying to give a different name in the title field for each value i send back to powerapps. See below images

respondtoPA1.JPGbefore workflow saverespondtoPA2.JPGafter workflow save

Any name I input a different name in the title field for a boolean output, it changes back to "boolean" and similarly for text output changes back to "text" after I save the workflow. So, when I go back to powerapps to use the output from flow I see text or boolean as the titles instead of the name I assigned for the output.

Also, the boolean changes to text type, I am assuming may be because boolean is not supported.

Super User
Super User

Oh I see.

Try this.

1. Take those Respond to PowerApps actions out of your Flow.
2. Remove the connection to your Flow from PowerApps.
3. Use them flow Save As feature to copy your Flow and give it a new name.
3. Add the Actions back in
4. Save yours Flow
5. Enable your new Flow
6. Connect your new Flow back to your PowerApp and see if it works.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,654)