cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RobWindsor
Level: Powered On

Response Summary disappeared from the output of the Start an Approval action

I have multi-level approval Flow that captures approval history at each level. Part of the information I am capturing is the Response Summary property of the output of the approval action. Today I went to make some changes to the Flow and the Reponse Summary property has disappeared. 

To be more specific the Reponse Summary property has disappeared in the case where the Approval type of the Start an Approval action is "Anyone from the assigned list". If I switch the Approval Type to "Everyone from the assigned list" the Reponse Summary becomes available again. However switching the approval type is not a solution to the problem, the output of the action should be consistent regardless of the Approval type setting (which is how things were just a few short days ago).

Also it's very alarming that the output properties of an action could just disappear like that. Unless the action is marked as preview the interface for the action should be considered a contract between the provider and the consumer and it should not change in a way that breaks existing Flows.

I really hope this is a bug and not a conscious decision to remove this property from the output of the action. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Response Summary disappeared from the output of the Start an Approval action

Hi @RobWindsor,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I afraid that the Response Summary could only support in the approval type of "Everyone form the assigned list",and it is not supported in the approval type of "Anyone form the assigned list" in microsoft flow currently.

So I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

RobWindsor
Level: Powered On

Re: Response Summary disappeared from the output of the Start an Approval action

@v-yuazh-msft

I appreciate you looking into the matter but your answer does not address my issue. I was not looking for someone to confirm the observed behaviour, I was trying to find out why the behavior changed.

Until a week ago the Response Summary was included in the output of the action regardless of the value of the Approval Type, now it is not. What I would like to know is why this has changed. Is it a bug or not?

If it is not a bug I would like to know why engineering would push out a breaking change like that.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 4,911 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: