cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss_bent
Frequent Visitor

Response to Send an email with option - Response from email and powerapps

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on Power Automate and according the requirement user can either response from email itself Yes/No or from Power App.

PowerApp gallery shows all list items based on status filter. My requirement e.g. if item is waiting on user input(Yes/No) and status is "IsDocumentReviewed", user can input(submit ultimately) the same response from powerapp as well.

Please help me in this or advice me if I'm trying to do something which is not relevant.

Thanks,  

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

The challenge you are facing is how to implement the Flow right? If so, It looks you need two paralel branches on it, one will 'Send email with options' and wait for a response, the other would probably contain a 'Do Until' to check periodically Sharepoint item status.

So no matter target user completes the action via email or PowerApps, in order to finish the flow execution you can add a Terminate action block at the bottom of both branches.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you dear for your response. I understand what you are saying but the problem for me is how we can respond to "Send email with options" from powerapp.

If I understand correctly you are saying create one more flow which will change the status on any event from powerapp? if status is changed terminate the "Send email with options". Here is the question again how we can terminate action state because I need user's response for further actions to complete the flow.

Thanks in advance

Hi again!

I thought you had a PowerApp implemented that would list target items and allow the same options as you were about to offer via 'Send email with options'. So via this PowerApp, changes would be updated directly to your SP list, thus you needed a second paralel branch to chek every now and then if item status was updated this way

According to you latest answer, this was a misunderstanding from my side. Sorry for the inconviniences

Now on your new question "Here is the question again how we can terminate action state because I need user's response for further actions to complete the flow."

If you still find valuable the paralel branch approach, and you need to execute further actions you can do it by means of a second flow. You can invoke it directly from any of the branches by means of an HTTP request (nested flows / chil flows technique) and once invoked execute a Terminate action block. Or you can invoke them indirectly, assuming any of the branches updates the item in your SP list; and your second flow is triggered when this event occurs.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (81,713)