cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Restart a Flow

I'm trying to build a flow that restarts at the beginning after other actions are completed.

My Flow starts with a PowerApps Trigger. I'm not sure if this is the best trigger available considering I'm wanting to trigger this flow after the actions within another flow. Is there a compose trigger I should be using for that?

Then the flow moves through various gets and conditions. At the end of the actions from one set of conditions I want the flow to start over.

I'm using the Standard Action for 'Start a Flow' but it never restarts the same flow.

Any tips are always appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Restart a Flow

Hi @crf200,

It is not possible to do something like in one Flow on the end move to beggining as this is IFTTT (if that than this). So it goes from top to bottom and then it is over.

There is option to create loop inside Flow to do something until some conditions are met.

Another way is to trigger Flow by When a HTTP request is received, this allows to load some data into Flow from another Flow as you will use HTTP method post to send some dynamic data that have been loaded during such Flow run.

HTTPRec.png

The body of such trigger is in json format, so you will define here variables that you want to receive/send between Flows.

Using this u can create chain of Flows, even trigger some Flow inside another Flow and post some variables to it.

In your case you will have to split your Flow to more Flows.

P.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

How do you mean restart a flow? What is your flow triggered by? Do you want just the actions after the trigger to rerun?

You could put a Do-Until around your flow actions. Or you could also consider a scheduled approach? Or maybe just update the data that triggered the flow in the first place.

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @crf200,

It is not possible to do something like in one Flow on the end move to beggining as this is IFTTT (if that than this). So it goes from top to bottom and then it is over.

There is option to create loop inside Flow to do something until some conditions are met.

Another way is to trigger Flow by When a HTTP request is received, this allows to load some data into Flow from another Flow as you will use HTTP method post to send some dynamic data that have been loaded during such Flow run.

HTTPRec.png

The body of such trigger is in json format, so you will define here variables that you want to receive/send between Flows.

Using this u can create chain of Flows, even trigger some Flow inside another Flow and post some variables to it.

In your case you will have to split your Flow to more Flows.

P.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Full Project:

I'm Using Sharepoint Lists for company credit card holders to save receipts in PowerApps with the information Finance needs to reconcile the transactions at the end of the month.

My first flow uploads the transactions from a excel table to a single Sharepoint List:

Upload Snip.PNG

Each Parallel Branch Updates the List based on the Card Holder from the Excel file and assigning a vendor number (from our ERP) to better filter the transactions for future flows.

At the end of one Card Holder Import I want to start that Card Holders Individual flow. This flow gets the transactions in that sharepoint list and then matches a receipt from the Card Holders uploads given date and amount constraints. 

Match 1st Condition.PNG

Match 2nd Condition.PNG

Where I need help:

1) Can I use the Start Flow Action from the Upload flow to trigger the start of the individuals match sequence?

2) Based on the First Conditions I want the flow to continue running and re-running until all transactions have been matched (Condition 1 = Yes). Would adding a Do Until (same formula of the first condition) fix this issue? Add it before the First Condition or to start the false of that condition?

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Added the 'When a HTTP request is received' as the trigger to the Match sequence. Then added the HTTP Post to the flow I want this one to follow and at the bottom where I wanted it to re-start.

Success!

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,319)