Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restarting a running flow

Hi All

I am currently trying to build a reminder flow for a reminder that needs to be restarted if that activity happens in the time period.  We have passes that need to be used within 30 days to remain active.  If they are not used, they are lost and difficult to regain.  As the pass is not always used daily by all, it can become a game of 'when did I last use it'. 

I have created a button to use that will set a reminder at day 25 to use the pass, but if the pass is used and the button pressed, that will have two flows running.  What I would like it when the button is pressed, for the flow to check if there is an active flow.  If there is, to cancel that flow and restart the time.  If there is not an active flow, to start the flow.  I think I need a condition, but not sure how to cancel existing flows.  

Any help is greatly appriciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Restarting a running flow

Your description is quite hard to understand, but from what you have said your logic is not going to work.

Firstly you cannot cancel a flow from another flow.

It sounds like you need two flows.

1x Scheduled Flow that Checks each item on a daily schedule. something like:

get items

for each item perform condition on days >25

if true - email reminder

if false update item adding 1 to the days.

1x instant flow on button push that resets the amount of days to 0 for that pass

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,058)