cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from a form - multiple answers - format in SP list - additional characters

I am working on a Flow that takes Forms responses and feeds them into a SP list. I am having an issue with multiple choice questions where in the SP list these responses have additional ["characters"] around the responses. How do I remove these characters?  

I've done some research and looks like I need to apply a replace(... expression somewhere but can't get this to work and I am not familiar with expressions at all. 

So do I let the flow post the response with additional characters and then apply an update step with some replace( formula to remove or can this be applied when the item is created in the SP list using dynamic content response in the formula?

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Results from a form - multiple answers - format in SP list - additional characters

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Results from a form - multiple answers - format in SP list - additional characters

Hi @Basic_User007 

use expressions

replace(replace(replace(dynamiccontentfieldinform,'["',''),'"]',''),'","',',')

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Please refer to this similar thread and see if it helps:

Saving-multiple-checkboxes-values-from-forms-to-excel

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I added this into the Flow but the formula is now returning as part of the response posted in the SP list? 

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 317 members 5,216 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: