cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MangoMan09
Level: Powered On

Retrieve Gallery information from Powerapps

I am currently devolepoing an invoicing solution which aims to automate document generation.

Currently my powerapp is able to filter and group data by selecting the desired Company and Month. Each item shows what project was worked on by each person. On top of it it also shows how many hours, their CPH and a total cost per project.

Capture.PNG

Everything seems to be running as espected but now I can't seem to export this grouped data into an MS Flow.

I tried concating the data into a string so i could later build an object or array with it but to no avail. This was the concat string I ended up with:

{"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Timesheet Solution","hours":"1","cph":"100","cost":"100"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Catch-up Meeting","hours":"16","cph":"100","cost":"1600"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Expenses Solution","hours":"6","cph":"100","cost":"600"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Invoice Solution","hours":"24","cph":"100","cost":"2400"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Plumsail Overview","hours":"3.5","cph":"100","cost":"350"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Super Support","hours":"3","cph":"100","cost":"300"},"item":{"developer":"Stephane Roelandt","project":"Super Support","hours":"16.25","cph":"100","cost":"1625"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"","hours":"4","cph":"100","cost":"400"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Holiday","hours":"8","cph":"100","cost":"800"},"item":{"developer":"Bruno Correia","project":"Pre-sales","hours":"1","cph":"100","cost":"100"}}

One solution would be to redo all the filtering in the flow but that would take a look of time since the filtering and grouping involves around 3 tables...

Has anyone here done this before? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Retrieve Gallery information from Powerapps

Hi @MangoMan09 ,

There are limitations passing data from PowerApps to Flow. You can only pass string data, no tabular data. See this threat on the PowerApps Community:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Using-Flow-to-send-collection-data-in-PowerAp...

That means that you need to create one big string of all your data to pass it from PowerApps to Flow. In Flow you then need to do all kinds of data operations to put the data back into the original grouped data.

For you to determin what is the quickest solution:

• Filter the data in Flow
  • Pass all data as one string and than transform it back again.

You could also do a sort of combination of the 2:

Pass only a comma seperated string of only the item ID's of the filtered items, transform this string to an array in Flow and get the data in Flow based on that array.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Retrieve Gallery information from Powerapps

Hi @MangoMan09 ,

There are limitations passing data from PowerApps to Flow. You can only pass string data, no tabular data. See this threat on the PowerApps Community:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Using-Flow-to-send-collection-data-in-PowerAp...

That means that you need to create one big string of all your data to pass it from PowerApps to Flow. In Flow you then need to do all kinds of data operations to put the data back into the original grouped data.

For you to determin what is the quickest solution:

• Filter the data in Flow
  • Pass all data as one string and than transform it back again.

You could also do a sort of combination of the 2:

Pass only a comma seperated string of only the item ID's of the filtered items, transform this string to an array in Flow and get the data in Flow based on that array.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 301 members 5,810 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: