Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimDemma
Helper II
Helper II

Retrieve Microsoft Teams Tagged members, but excluding myself

Hello fellow automaters,

I am trying to build a flow (duh.) to retrieve tagged members of a Teams Channel in order to start a Chat with them to then start a teams call. I am able to pull all the userIDs and string them together, but I can't figure out how to exclude the current user's ID who would be activating the flow from string. If I run the flow as is, I get an error that duplicate users are trying to be added to the chat.

Here's some more info: the tagged users I am trying to start a chat with initially would be / could be the ones who activate the flow. The point of the chat room starting is to in turn start a Chat Call to ring users on their devices due to the importance of said call. Throughout the call though, other users (outside of the tagged initial chat group), would be / could be added to the call in order to expand the number of people needing to be on the call. (Hopefully that makes sense...) 

TimDemma_0-1657132389409.png

TimDemma_1-1657132408283.png

The "Compose 1, 2, 3 & 4" are simply replacing parts of the String pulled from the 'TeamsUserIDString' variable in order for the final string to be in the proper format for the "Create a chat" step. 

Appreciate anyone's help or feedback. Also, very open to combining the 4 separate "Compose" steps. LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimDemma,

You could use a Filter Array action between the Get my user profile (v2) action and the Select. After the Select you can use an expression with a join function to create a semi colon separated list of user ids.

With this approach you won't need to use compose actions at all 😁

Below is an example of that approach.

In the Members to add field I have added the following expression:

join(body('Select'), ';')

filterarray_ignoreme.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimDemma,

You could use a Filter Array action between the Get my user profile (v2) action and the Select. After the Select you can use an expression with a join function to create a semi colon separated list of user ids.

With this approach you won't need to use compose actions at all 😁

Below is an example of that approach.

In the Members to add field I have added the following expression:

join(body('Select'), ';')

filterarray_ignoreme.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

That works beautifully!!! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,840)