Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimDemma
Helper II
Helper II

Retrieve Microsoft Teams Tagged members, but excluding myself

Hello fellow automaters,

I am trying to build a flow (duh.) to retrieve tagged members of a Teams Channel in order to start a Chat with them to then start a teams call. I am able to pull all the userIDs and string them together, but I can't figure out how to exclude the current user's ID who would be activating the flow from string. If I run the flow as is, I get an error that duplicate users are trying to be added to the chat.

Here's some more info: the tagged users I am trying to start a chat with initially would be / could be the ones who activate the flow. The point of the chat room starting is to in turn start a Chat Call to ring users on their devices due to the importance of said call. Throughout the call though, other users (outside of the tagged initial chat group), would be / could be added to the call in order to expand the number of people needing to be on the call. (Hopefully that makes sense...) 

TimDemma_0-1657132389409.png

TimDemma_1-1657132408283.png

The "Compose 1, 2, 3 & 4" are simply replacing parts of the String pulled from the 'TeamsUserIDString' variable in order for the final string to be in the proper format for the "Create a chat" step. 

Appreciate anyone's help or feedback. Also, very open to combining the 4 separate "Compose" steps. LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimDemma,

You could use a Filter Array action between the Get my user profile (v2) action and the Select. After the Select you can use an expression with a join function to create a semi colon separated list of user ids.

With this approach you won't need to use compose actions at all 😁

Below is an example of that approach.

In the Members to add field I have added the following expression:

join(body('Select'), ';')

filterarray_ignoreme.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @TimDemma,

You could use a Filter Array action between the Get my user profile (v2) action and the Select. After the Select you can use an expression with a join function to create a semi colon separated list of user ids.

With this approach you won't need to use compose actions at all 😁

Below is an example of that approach.

In the Members to add field I have added the following expression:

join(body('Select'), ';')

filterarray_ignoreme.png

That works beautifully!!! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,900)