cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucksteel
Frequent Visitor

Retrieving Manager Claims

I am working on an approval workflow and would like to add the Approver to a Person column in the Sharepoint list. The flow looks like this:

1. When a new item is added
  2. Get Manager V2
  3. Run through Approval
  4. Update list item

My problem is that when I go to update the list item and set a column to the approver, there isn't a Claims value for the Manager from from Get Manager V2. I tried using the Sharepoint Resolve User action but it returns a Bad Gateway error.

Has anyone encountered this type of situation and found a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chucksteel,

Do you want to update the Approver to a Person column in SharePoint list?

Have you set the Approver with the dynamic content Mail from the action Get manager?

I have made the following test, when an item is created, get manager first, then start an approval and the approval will be sent to the corresponding manager. After the manager approved/rejected the request, update item.

In the Update item action, select Get manager dynamic content Mail for the field Approver claims.

There is no error returned when the flow runs.

Please take the screenshots for a reference and try again with it on your side.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chucksteel,

Do you want to update the Approver to a Person column in SharePoint list?

Have you set the Approver with the dynamic content Mail from the action Get manager?

I have made the following test, when an item is created, get manager first, then start an approval and the approval will be sent to the corresponding manager. After the manager approved/rejected the request, update item.

In the Update item action, select Get manager dynamic content Mail for the field Approver claims.

There is no error returned when the flow runs.

Please take the screenshots for a reference and try again with it on your side.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to resolve the situation by fixing my connection to SharePoint that was generating the Bad Gateway error. It's good to know that the Update an Item task will accept email instead of claims, though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,015)