cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Retrieving/Updating Document Library Item properties

I have a flow that needs to retrieve file properties and also update those properties. Using the built in actions, I can do this without a problem. The flow I have is more dynamic, the Library and the item it needs to update will vary.  I am looking for samples of how to perform a Get File Properties and Update File Properties action except via a SharePoint HTTP call.  For the read, once I make the call how do I access the output? For the update, I am updating a Choice Column.

Any help/assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Steven

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 REPLY 1
Runner55552
Helper V
Helper V

I am trying to do something similar, creating files in libraries, where the library name is dynamic in the Flow, using a variable. If I select a library name from the dropdown menu, the library columns, like Title, appear, but when using the dynamic library name:  /variablelibrary name  The columns do not appear. I suppose since Flow doesn't know what library is being referenced until it runs, it has no way of knowing which columns to display, although Title is generic to all libraries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,864)