cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiRA0001
Regular Visitor

Retrieving lookup data with delete trigger

Hi all,

I wanted to use a cloud flow to trigger when a record is deleted so I can edit another record from an entity that's related to it, but it seems the trigger doesn't bring any lookup data, no IDs, nothing. So when my flow runs I got an error when trying to use lookup ID values.

Is there anyway to implement this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

You will be able to get the id but you will not be able to get any reference to the fields because power automate works as asynchronous which means it will be run on post operation.

You could write a plugin pre-operation to store the references from the deleted record: Tutorial: Write and register a plug-in (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @MiRA0001 

Are you using SharePoint or Dataverse as datasource?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Dataverse

fchopo
Super User
Super User

You will be able to get the id but you will not be able to get any reference to the fields because power automate works as asynchronous which means it will be run on post operation.

You could write a plugin pre-operation to store the references from the deleted record: Tutorial: Write and register a plug-in (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,995)