cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Retrive more than 5000 records from sharepoint list using power automate

Hi All,

I tried to get more than 5000 items from SharePoint list using 'Get items' connector in power automate like the below image attached.

I set pagination and threshold too. But I got error like this when I am try to save that flow. How to solve it?.

Kuttykarthik_0-1608980938148.png

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set your Top count to a much lower number.  I normally use somewhere between 100 - 500.  Get Items will then retrieve that many items per page for as many pages as are necessary to reach the top threshold.  I've got a demo with 5,100+ records that I retrieve using a Threshold of 6,000 and a Top Count of 100.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you also set the Top Count field on the main Get Items properties?  Top Count is the page size that will be used when Pagination is turned on. By default it is set to All, so if you turn on pagination and set the threshold without setting top count it will try to retrieve all the records in one page.  Which is too many records at once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Pstork1

I also set top count get items properties as 5000 still I get same error.

is I need to change anything related pagination in List settings?.

Note: My list right now only have 2000 records. In future it will be more than 5000 records that's why I tried this pagination. Correct me if am wrong..

Kuttykarthik_0-1609001058020.png

Set your Top count to a much lower number.  I normally use somewhere between 100 - 500.  Get Items will then retrieve that many items per page for as many pages as are necessary to reach the top threshold.  I've got a demo with 5,100+ records that I retrieve using a Threshold of 6,000 and a Top Count of 100.

KCarlton96
Helper I
Helper I

@Pstork1 I am running into this same issue, I have a SharePoint list with 6000+ records, top count is 100, threshold is 7000 and it's giving me the same threshold limit exceeded error.

Any guidance/assistance you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Can you provide a screenshot of your pagination settings and your Get Items fields?

KCarlton96
Helper I
Helper I

sure.

get item.pngpagination.png

Pretty much exactly the same settings I have for a 5,200 record list and it works.  The one thing I have different is that I'm not using an ODATA query.  Have you tried removing that to see if you still get the error?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,305)