cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austen1022

Return WorkerNumber or Name instead of WorkerID when a record is updated

Hi all,

New to flow here. We're using Dynamics 365 Talent and unfortunately out of the box there is no way to notifiy our Payroll department when a legal name or address changes. We want to use a Flow to do this, but are running into a few problems I was hoping you could help with.

As a Trigger, we're using "When a Record is Updated (Common Data Service) and the Worker Address entity. 

We are able to successfully set up a "Send an Email" step with the new address information and time/date, however Worker Address Entity only has the WorkerID field (a lookup from the Worker entity) that is a long numberic identifier. To make this useful, we need to be able to include either Worker First Name & Worker Last Name or Worker Full Name fields from the Worker Entity in the email. 

Does anyone have any advice on how we could include the name instead of the ID in the email?

Thanks!

Austen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Austen1022 

Add the flow action step 'Get Record' of CDS and pass the Id and set the entity as worker. This way you can retrieve all the details of worker entity.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Austen1022 

Add the flow action step 'Get Record' of CDS and pass the Id and set the entity as worker. This way you can retrieve all the details of worker entity.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,710)