cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Return carriages being removed from Microsoft Forms when putting response in email body.

I am collecting some information in a form and sending that "Long Answer" response as an email body.

When the information is received and put into an email body all of the carriage return characters that were put into the form are removed. Therefore the person receiving the email has all of the different lines on one line. How do you ensure that any carriage returns are retained and included in the email being sent.

It looks terrible if the carriage returns are removed. Other posts were suggesting to remove HTML formatting. Unfortunately this functionality seems to be removed in the Send an Email (v2) option.

How do you collect the data from a "Long answer" in a form and keep the same formatting in an email being sent?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Let's assume you store the source text in a variable called 'myInputString'

I would try the following:

-Add a 'Compose' action block, lets rename it as 'Compose NewLine', now in order to assign it value, just hit 'Enter' from your keyboard

-Next add the following WDL expression to your email body:

replace(variables('myInputString'),outputs('Compose_NewLine'),'<br>')

Not with my laptop, unable to test. If this approach does not make the trick please share a screenshot from your new flow design

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,184)