cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpdq1993
Frequent Visitor

Return column name if value is null

Hello,

I have the following flow which filters the list of people from an excel online file who will receive the following email based on their hired date. So far, it is working ok except for the email body. I need to return the column names for those specific columns which are blank.

What I need to do is to return the column name if the value is empty or null. What I'm doing currently is -> if(equals(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['name'], null), 'name', null)

I can't show the entire flow but here's a snippet of the email body. There are around 5 columns which I need to check.

mpdq1993_0-1623856749693.png

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpdq1993
Frequent Visitor

I have already found a solution to this problem, using isempty. Thank you for your response 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FranzCarson3
Helper II
Helper II

Hey @mpdq1993,

It seems to me that your if statement is a little wonky. Now if I am wrong, I apologize because I am new to the Power Platform. Your if statement is saying that if the 'name' is null, then 'name'. I think you need to say if 'name' is null, then null, else 'name'.

So: if(equals(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['name'],null), null, 'name').

As I have said, I am new to the Power Platform, so I apologize in advance if my solution does not work.

Thanks, 

Carson

mpdq1993
Frequent Visitor

I have already found a solution to this problem, using isempty. Thank you for your response 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,840)