cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audrieg
Power Automate
Power Automate

Role for Saving Templates

What permissions do I need to save a template for others to use? Does this require an Admin role? I don't see the Submit button shown on this page here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/publish-a-template/

7 REPLIES 7
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi audrieg,

Generally there is no restriction regarding Microsoft Flow template submit, and no require of the Admin Role. We could submit the template, but whether it would be available under Microsoft Flow Gallery, depends on the approval from Microsoft.

If you have any further concerns regarding Microsoft Flow template, please feel free to post back.

The Submit to Gallery would be available after we finished New Flow creation:

39.PNG

The submit to Gallery won't be listed as an option unless there are customizations differ from available template.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Can you clarify a bit more what you mean by "unless there are customizations"? What kind of customizations are you referring to?

I'll try recreating from a blank template to see if it comes up then.

Thank you!

Audrie

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @audrieg,

Please see this https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/publish-a-template/

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
audrieg
Power Automate
Power Automate

LOL - that's what I call a full LOOP - LOL

You just sent me the link I started out sending the thread. LOL

But it doesn't answer my question to you. 🙂

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @audrieg,

LOL.

The way I understood is if you are using out of the box template flow as it is then you don't get the option to submit to gallery. If it differes such as if you are adding more actions into it you will get an option for submit to gallery. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
audrieg
Power Automate
Power Automate

I was discussing this with a friend today, we have discovered that you can't delete or change the first action when you use templates too. I will add an idea on this point. Thank you for your help.

Hi audrieg,

if you mean the trigger in the template, this could be changed, but we need to delete the action or condition first which is based on the one which you would like to delete/change.

42.PNG

41.PNG

For the Submit to Template part, well that is hard to explain, as this is auto-generated. There should be policy defined inside the creating Flow process.

One Point that should be noticed here is that there are already kinds of templates submitted. Customization within the actions which is auto-generated by template will not be considered as difference, also simple stuff like change the Flow name will also not trigger the Submit to Template button.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (11,886)