Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngreen
Helper III
Helper III

Rotating Weekly Schedule using SharePoint

Hello,

I am trying to build a rotating weekly schedule that utilizes Flow to either post the current week schedule or maybe show a list view of the current week schedule. I'm not really sure how to set this up though after setting up the timed recurrence part of the Flow, and the list setup is a bit of an issue. I have Week 1A, Week 1B, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4. So the rotation would look like this:

1. Week 1A

2. Week 2

3. Week 3

4. Week 4

5. Week 1B

6. Week 2

7. Week 3

8. Week 4

Repeats from the top.

Currently, I have a list that displays the names in rows for each column week.

ngreen_0-1620242895289.png

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this, either by posting the current week as an update to a different list or by changing the view on the current list?

3 REPLIES 3
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking through this issue, this will be a difficult task to implement. The hardest thing will be the fact that each flow run will need to be independent from each other which means there will need to be some kind of proof or algorithm in order to correctly select the week. My suggestion would be to reach out to a partner who can help you design this and help with building this flow.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What is it behind the "black boxes" in the screenshot? Are those people picker fields?
I'd propose to reorganize the list: Take the item titles as columns, the weeks as items. Create a week start and week end date column. In Flow, you could create the schedule and rotation and you could easily determine the current week in a condition. But it maybe depends on changes on the schedule and who (else) has to maintain them. If there are many changes, you could create a "master list" which contains the 5 different week types as items and copy them to a secondary list (the schedule containing week start and end) via Flow weekly so that changes can be made in master list and are adopted to the schedule for future weeks.

What do you do with the schedule in the end? Is it looked up just in Sharepoint by employees, sent by mail...?

Black boxes just cover the names of the people who work the service that week. The scheduled just needs to be viewed in sharepoint

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (48,047)