Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffritz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Run Excel Macro

Hi,

is it possible to execute an Excel Macro via flow for a Excel Document stored on OneDrive/Sharepiont Online or otherwise?

I could not find any activity for that.

Thx

Fritz

24 REPLIES 24
Frank6
Microsoft
Microsoft

Microsoft supports running office script on online excel through Power Automate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/develop/power-automate-integration

Hi @Frank6 ,

Yes I have now looked at office script, but it is limited to Excel and the VBA I call creates Powerpoint slides from data in Excel, so my requirement still stands.

thanks for your reply.

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

I can't see this ever happening, it simply does not fit within the design principles of the product and I can't see how it can be practically achieved.

There are ways you could already do this:

• Use an RPA flow to execute your desired actions in Excel.
  • Use a scheduled task on a desktop to check for the existence of a "trigger file". That fires up Excel and executes a macro (Powershell or VBScript)

I already had a good understanding of how Excel was embedded in organisations, but more time I spend on these forums the more I realise that it goes deeper than I thought.

Many of the Excel related questions that come up here could be easily solved by not using Excel at all. But of course there are exception.

As this macro requirement is so often requested I might write up my methods that make this possible.

ShaileshMehta
Frequent Visitor

I am also looking to have this feature.

Kingcup

Hi this is now 2021 so is this supported? I am having hard time using desktop flow to run the macro every minute to find out which of my items are in queue and use teams to alert me. I think that allowing my macro to run with flow would allow me to get this done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (93,781)