cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bryanvam
Level: Powered On

Run an action only once on a recurrence

I have a recurrence that is scheduled to run once per day.

It connects to a on-premise DB with a custom query to fetch certain records (outstanding tasks)

It then sends an email for each item.

I want to have the item only send the email once, so when the recurrence runs again - the user musn't get another email.

I know I can have a state on the record to indicate that an email was sent. But there could be multiple variations of these flows that I need, so I don't want to have state field for each new flow.

Is there any way to store the state on MS Flow?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Run an action only once on a recurrence

Hi @bryanvam,

It seems that your flow is triggered by Recurrence. Do you want to send an email with the item only once but not every day when the flow is triggered?

I am afraid that you may need to add a condition in the flow so that the email could be sent based on certain status, say Pending, Sent, etc. otherwise all the items will be sent again and the user will get another email.

Besides, currently there is no way to store the state on Flow, please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Hope this could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @bryanvam!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-yamao-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
bryanvam
Level: Powered On

Thanks. Your answer clarified what I thought. I have submitted this as an idea to the Flow Ideas Forum

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @bryanvam!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 82 members 2,972 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: