cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Run flow from Power Apps - Send email is using current user mailbox

I am using flow to launch flows from sharepoint as well as from PowerApps, from sharepoint it works perfectly and it sends emails from the mailbox of the person who created the flow itself, however when I use Flow.Run action in PowerApps to call a flow, and use Send email action, it uses the current user who was signed into PowerApps to send the email, so users are getting emails from themselves. Is there a way to change this behavior? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Run flow from Power Apps - Send email is using current user mailbox

@BrittanyR  Yes, the flow needs to be within a solution. Otherwise there is no 'Run a child flow' in the action.

Thanks,

Jessie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BrittanyR  This is the expected behavior. Since triggering PowerApps from flow will use the one who click the button in PowerApps' connection while in flow it's using flow owner's connection.  

You can create a child flow to do the send email action, and will use the flow owner's connector. Both parent flow and child flow should be within a solution.

More details please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/power-automate/call-child-flo...

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks @shu but I don't see "Run a child flow" in my list of actions. I created my PowerApps flow directly without including it in a solution, do I need to rewrite it completely in a solution? 

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you share more details about your Flow and PowerApps from where you are triggering the flow and also what connectors you are using the flow.

"run a child flow" only works within a solution, you can add the existing flow in a solution, you don't have to recreate the flow.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BrittanyR  Yes, the flow needs to be within a solution. Otherwise there is no 'Run a child flow' in the action.

Thanks,

Jessie

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,425)