Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vecerpa
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Run flow from SharePoint online context menu

Hello all,

I´m looking for some option to reuse one approval flow on newly created document libraries on SharePoint online.

The scenario is that:

1) There are being created separate document libraries for each project.

2) There is need to apply approval flow for documents that will be stored there. Approval based on codebook.

3) Flow trigerring should be manual for specific documents not all in such library.

4) There should be tracked status of approval for each item (column) - this is not problem.

The biggest problem is to create/copy Flow that was created between document libraries somehow easily. There is need to reset all configurations for each newly created library.

I was looking for some option to parse this information from HTTP request trigger output as this information is stored there and post it to Get file properties as approvers are stored in codebook based on specific column for such file.

Is there any possible way to do it?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vecerpa,

Which type of information do you want to parse from HTTP request trigger output?

How do you want to parse this information?

Could you please share more details about the information stored in HTTP request trigger output?

If you share more details about this information, we could understand better and provide a workaround for you.

In addition, please check and see the following article would help in your scenario:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/call-flow-restapi/

More details about Request/Response, please check the following document:

Request/Response

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'd like to be able to get information for next step Get Item like this:

FlowHTTPReq.PNG

There is itemURL, where is stored path to site and list item (library), I'd like to post this to Get Item action:

FlowGetItem.PNG

So after this I'm able to dynamically fill Site Address, List Name and Id of Item. And not need to fill this each time I use such flow for another document library. To work with library columns.

BR

Pavel

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I found out that there has been released new functionality to run Flow on selected intem in Sharepoint online document library. I'd like to ask you if there is chance to somehow use this flow not only for one Document Library in Sharepoint online, but to any library for example in one site?

There is need to specify Site Address and List Name, so it is bounded to only one list, so this is limitting it...

FlowTrigger.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,693)