cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venseben
Advocate III
Advocate III

Run only permissions is missing SharePoint library function?

Hi all. Am I just blind, or have Microsoft changed something in Power Automate lately? Earlier I could allow users to run the flow if they had the rights to the document library in SharePoint, like this:

RunOnly01.PNG

Suddenly the users were not able to start any of my flows for a selected file in a document library, and when I checked til flow, there were no run only users!!! Now it look like this:

RunOnly02.PNG

It seems that the nice option with inviting a SharePoint library is missing, or is this option just gone? Maybe a new "feature" from MS? Now. I do like Flow a lot, but this has given me hours of extra work, and everytime I attach a AD group to a flow, Flow is sending each member a mail about it, and I cannot stop this from happening. I have a lot of flows, and a lot of AD groups to attach, so many of my collegues, has recieved 12-15 mails from me/Flow.

Does anyone know if this is a "feature"? i have read what I could from the roadmap, but have found nothing about this.

/Frank

Denmark

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @venseben ,

This feature only appears when configuring manually triggered flows. For example Button, For a selected file.

And only when you use For a selected file/item as a trigger, you can configure SharePoint related settings, as shown in your screenshot.

Please take a try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft  and thanks for quick reply. I can see, taht if I change the trigger from a "Selected item" to a "Selected file", it works like intended. The funny thing is, that I created these flows a long time ago, and they have been working well until recently.

When I made that change, my old settings suddenly showed up again. I can now see the librarys I connected to, long time ago. So in my humple opinion something must have changed. If I use the trigger "For a selected item" I am not able to manage run-only permissions through SharePoint. i have to use the trigger "For a selected file". I have not made any changes to the flows in that matter for a long period, so I still think MS must have done some changes to the triggers. It is kind of frustrating what happended, and has given me some hours of extra word. As if I did not have enough of that 😐🤔

/Frank

Denmark

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,733)