Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

Run only users won't save

Dear community

I created a Flow that is triggering a child flow. The child flow is using a Microsoft Teams connection. In the child flow, under "run only users" I've selected "Use this connection".

In the parent flow, I wanted to change the "Run only users" to a security group. Strangely, some of the security groups can't be saved. Meaning, if I type in one of the security groups (let's call it "sec-group-A") it almost seems to work - I can select it, add it to the list and can even save it. However, after I've saved it just isn't there anymore once I reopen "Run only users". Hence, it somehow didn't save. 

Another security group can be saved though (let's call it "sec-group-B") and I can't figure out why.

I already tried to add "sec-group-A" and "sec-group-B" to the child flow under "Run only users" and it seems the behaviour is the same. sec-group-B is being saved, while sec-group-A just won't.

Does anyone know how to solve this? 

Thank you and kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

After some more research I found the cause for this issue:

sec-group-B is a security group of type "assigned" while sec-group-A is a group of type "dynamic". I was then wondering whether dynamic M365 groups would be allowed and indeed they work! 

So, whenever you'd like to share a flow with a dynamic group, make sure its a M365 and not a security group.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

After some more research I found the cause for this issue:

sec-group-B is a security group of type "assigned" while sec-group-A is a group of type "dynamic". I was then wondering whether dynamic M365 groups would be allowed and indeed they work! 

So, whenever you'd like to share a flow with a dynamic group, make sure its a M365 and not a security group.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,263)